Europe, Asia, South and North America, Africa, Antarctica and Oceania (Australia). The world has approximately 7 billion inhabitants. Most people live in China and India (together 2 billion). The largest country is Russia and the smallest Vatican City. There are also the 3 oceans. The Atlantic, the Pacific and the Indian Ocean. Of course there are also side seas such as the Mediterranean, the Baltic Sea and the North Sea. The highest mountain in the world above sea level is Mount Everest in the Himalayas in Nepal at almost 9000m. Strictly speaking, Mouna Kea is the highest mountain in Hawaii, but it is 6000m in water and only 4000m above sea level.
View Articles by Continent
Now I explain something about the individual continents:
Europe is the 2nd smallest continent. Europe also has a great diversity. That means there are many different things. From big cities to high mountains or forests. Europe has about 50 countries and over 742 million inhabitants. The largest countries are: Russia, Spain, Germany, France and Sweden, most residents have Russia (145 million) and Germany (82 million). Europe borders Asia, the Baltic Sea, the North Sea, the Mediterranean and the Pacific.
List of countries in Europe:
Asia is the largest continent. Like Europe, Asia is very diverse. The Trans-Siberian Railway, the longest train route in the world, is special there. Asia has 47 countries and approximately 4 billion inhabitants. The largest countries are: Russia, China, India and Mongolia, most of the inhabitants have China (approx. 1 billion) and India (also approx. 1 billion). Asia borders Europe, Africa, the Pacific and the Indian Ocean.
List of countries in Asia:
In case you wonder why Russia is the largest country in Europe and Asia: as a country that begins with letter R according to Trackaah, Russia is half in Asia and half in Europe, like Turkey.
Africa is the 2nd largest continent. There is a lot of desert in Africa, not like Europe or Asia. According to Countryaah.com, Africa has 54 countries and approximately 1.1 billion inhabitants. The largest countries are South Africa and Morocco, most of the inhabitants have South Africa. Africa borders Asia with the Atlantic and the Pacific.
List of countries in Africa:
Oceania is the smallest continent on earth. It has 7500 islands, large and small. In addition, approximately 16.5 million people live there. Most in Australia. Australia is also the largest country/island in Oceania. Oceania borders the Indian Ocean and the Pacific.
List of countries in Oceania:
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
Many people say “Australia” to Oceania, but that’s not true, because with Australia you mean the country and not the continent.
North America is the 3rd largest continent. There are 23 countries and approximately 530 million inhabitants. The largest countries are Canada and the United States. The United States also has the largest population (over 150 million). North America, like Europe, is very diverse. From large hot deserts in the south of the USA to ice landscapes north of Canada (Greenland). North America borders the Pacific, the Atlantic and South America.
List of countries in North and Central America:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
South America is the 4th largest continent in our wide world. There are 12 countries there and about 4 billion people live there. Brazil and Argentina are the largest countries and have the most inhabitants. It is often very warm in South America, but there is also a large rainforest there. South America borders the Atlantic, the Pacific and North America.
List of countries in South America:
The Antarctic is a very large ice landscape like the Arctic in the north. Many penguins live in the Antarctic, but no polar bears live in the Arctic. It is the 5th largest continent. Funny thing is that the Antarctic/South Pole is colder than the Arctic/North Pole. There are cold minus degrees there. The people who live there are called Inuits.
The 50 countries with the most radios in the world
|Rank||Country||Number of Radios|
|1||United States of America (North America)||641,000,000|
|2||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||457,000,000|
|5||Great Britain (Europe)||85,280,000|
|6||Brazil (South America)||81,050,000|
|11||Korea, Republic of (Asia)||50,200,000|
|16||Mexico (North America)||35,000,000|
|17||Canada (North America)||32,400,000|
|18||Colombia (South America)||30,104,000|
|19||Argentina (South America)||27,890,600|
|22||South Africa (Africa)||21,900,000|
|25||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||19,890,000|
|36||Tanzania, United Republic of (Africa)||9,810,000|
|40||Saudi Arabia (Asia)||8,310,000|
|44||Peru (South America)||7,910,000|
|45||Venezuela (South America)||7,640,000|
- Climate and Weather of Sette Cama, Gabon September 30, 2022 - The climate of Sette Cama Sette Cama is a small village in western Gabon, located between the Ndogolagune and the Atlantic Ocean. The village is located on the edge of… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Grenoble, France September 28, 2022 - The climate of Grenoble According to PETSINCLUDE, Grenoble is a large city in southeastern France, in the Rhône-Alpes region. The city is located at the foot of the Alps, at… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Plaza Resort, Bonaire September 27, 2022 - The climate of the Plaza Resort According to PARADISDACHAT, on the south side of Kralendijk is the most popular hotel in all of Bonaire: the Plaza Resort. The full name… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Tikal, Guatemala September 23, 2022 - The climate of Tikal Tikal is a Mayan archaeological site in Guatemala. The site was discovered in the early 20th century and was inhabited by the Maya some 3,000 years… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Melekeok, Palau September 16, 2022 - The climate of Melekeok Melekeok is the official capital of the Republic of Palau, making it the smallest capital in the world. According to the 2005 census, no more than… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Khujand, Tajikistan September 9, 2022 - The climate of Khujand Khujand is a large city in northern Tajikistan on the Syr Darya River in Soeghd Province. Khujand is located in the Fergana Valley. This valley is… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Agra, India September 2, 2022 - The climate of Agra Agra is one of the highlights of many a trip through India. Not because of the city itself – that's a fairly depressing affair – but… Read more
- Albania Country Overview August 26, 2022 - Albania - country information Country name Albania Official name Republic of Albania Capital Tirana Continent Europe Area 28,748 km2 Population 2,821,977 (2011) Foundation of a state 28/11/1912 The highest mountains… Read more
- Getting to Morocco August 19, 2022 - Of course, the best way to get to Morocco from Germany is by plane, but if you want to reach Morocco from southern Europe, there are a few other options.… Read more
- Central Park in New York August 12, 2022 - New York City is a metropolis made of stone as well as steel and when you think of the Big Apple, next to shopping, numerous world-famous buildings such as the… Read more