Richard Avedon, Andy Warhol, Chema Madoz… Important names in photography that come together in Photo Spain 2012, the international festival of photography and Visual Arts of Madrid, located in several enclaves of Madrid and that returns this year with 25% less budget but with quality plans to see. Up to the July 22 There is time.
Richard Avedon, a master of fashion
The work of the American Richard Avedon It deserves to do any daily avedon – history that fascinates my colleague Total free for that day that El País published five years later – the death of the photographer. Aesthetics achieved by Avedon to capture the movement like few others, at a very fast speed and with a black and white which have been the best personalities, will return to Madrid but in this case with the decades of 50 and 60 as protagonists. The Portfolio Minneapolis It is the title of his part in the exhibition & #8220;Here we are“, which shares with Richard Billingham (another great), Paz Errázuriz and Lilla Szasz.
Is located in the Círculo de Bellas Artes, in the Picasso Room. Tuesday to Saturday from 11:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 21:00 h. Sunday and bank holidays from 11:00 to 14:00 h. Monday closed.
Andy Warhol, always pop
Andy Warhol more or less, like wake up filias or phobias, but there it is. His name is key to pop art and the Factory It was his temple. Those stories with the Velvet Underground, with numerous personalities from the world of the show and the more various perfidious areas that became icons of 15 minutes in latex and with artists. In the exhibitions of Andy Warhol in Photo Spain will have scope to more than a hundred photographs about the characters who passed by there and various passes of the films that made: “ Kiss ”, “ My Hustler ” or “ Soap Opera ” (some of these are a tremendous pain).
The exhibition is divided into two:
- Photos: “ of the Factory to the world. Photography and the Warhol community ”. It is in the Fernan Gomez theatre. Tuesday to Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm. Sunday and public holidays from 10 am to 19 pm.
- Cinema: Is located in the Spanish film archive. You can check the full schedule on the website of Photo Spain.
The Sartorialist, a paradigm shift
Scott Schuman It is a name which is now overexposed and many have reached them burn, ignored his work and underestimating it. Leaving aside its union with the most varied brands and promotional acts (must live on something and seize the moment), his work was at the right time in that fashion needed to look away. Street style has it as an example, sometimes deifying him for speeding, and he has one clear thing: style. Freshness or not, preparation or spontaneity, ultimately the photographs are of a high quality.
The exhibition is in the Shop Loewe of Gran Vía. Monday to Saturday from 1.00-20.00.
Other recommended (not fashion) photography exhibitions
Photo Spain covers photography in general, so despite highlights the fashion to be in a publication specializing in it, I don’t want to leave other exhibitions that point ways.
- “Chema Madoz“ in the Bulevar Salvador Allende (Alcobendas). Okay, it is farther away, but Chema Madoz is one of the best Spanish photographers. He has managed to convert the lifes and the plans detail into something live.
- “Gentlemen of Bacongo“ in the Círculo de Bellas Artes in the room. An exhibition of fashion with the purest style. In a social context in which the style could be the latest, these men care to maximize your appearance.
- “Anxiety of the image“ at the Fundación Telefónica. I refer to the official information to describe it, they take the nail on the head: “ the exhibition curated by Huang Du explores from rationality, the anxiety that cause images, an anxiety that is understood as a psychological activity produced by external pressure & #8220;.
- “Shades of democracy“ at the Istituto Europeo di Design. Ion Grigorescu He knows how to photography shape to add a very interesting social message. In this sense also included the exposure of Sharon Hayes, “Speaking“, at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.
Social Change Is Here To Stay [INFOGRAPHIC] #social # …
Pamplona Guide: Fashion and weather edition
Social Media in spain
Social Media in spain
JULES VERNE SCHOOL: SEXTO- SEVENTH GRADE: Social groups in …
David Cameron urged to follow Spain’s new EU edict: ‘You …
Chart: The Biggest Trends in Digital Media in 2015
Hispanic population Archives: Georgia Disability Lawyer Blog
Spanish earthquake in Lorca ‘triggered by groundwater …
club dance performance wear stage trendy women clothing …
Spain v Italy
Partido X enters Spanish political ring to break up fight …
Anja Rubik Swimsuit Vision: Vogue Spain Vs Vogue Paris …
Child poverty up in more than half of developed world …
BC Social Workers: Global Social Work: Spanish Social …
Did King Juan Carlos have an affair with Princess Diana?
WHAT IS A TEENAGER TO YOU ?
Mattel Releases A Curvy, Petite, And Tall Barbie
Want to change your body shape? Change your JEANS